Water2REturn was presented at SaltGae Final Conference
On September 25, the SaltGae Final Conference on microalgae as a sustainable alternative for wastewater treatment took place in Ljubljana, (Slovenia).
Presentations of the SaltGae projects’ results, 3 demo sites for treating saline wastewater in Italy, Israel and Slovenia, were presented in Session 1. The Session 2 about the main thematic synergies and other project cooperation included presentations of:
- Valladolid University (Spain) - An introduction to biotechnologies based on algae and other photosynthetic technologies.
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy) – IMAP project.
- University of Milano and Istituto Sperimentale Italiano Lazzaro Spallanzani (Italy) - Microalgae hub project.
- Swansea University (UK) – ALG-AD project.
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia) – Water2Return project.
Rok Mihelič from University of Ljubljana presented Water2Return project, objectives, partners, current status and future work, especially algal production in Ljubljana pilot plant (Algae Park) and growth tests to monitor biostimulative effects of algae on higher plants.